18.1.08

The New Scientist

Every now and again I pick up and read a copy of The New Scientist magazine: it’s filled with lots of fascinating things that even the average non scientist like me can appreciate. This week there are articles on the possible illusion of time: that’s universe time not GMT. I got the feeling that some of the work I do when analysing companies and industries is ahead of these boffs in terms of including or excluding time as a variable!

There’s a fascinating article on the world’s reserves of coal that I will be looking at in my sister blog ... you know where it is ... and an update on how they are using advances in technology to strap ever smaller and lighter cameras to deer and whales and things.

Anyway, an advert really caught my eye more than anything: now I know some boffin can write and tell me all about it, so please do; but is this a spoof?

Imperial College London: NHLI PhD Studentships 2008

Professor TM and Dr BL “The role of Hedgehog Acyltransferase (Hhat) in human Sonic Hedgehog (Shh) Signalling

Here is what I think Sonic the Hedgehog looks like!!!

Source: http://www.armchairempire.com/images/feature-articles/Weekly-Top-10/pub-crawl/sonic-hedgehog.jpg

No offence intended, you boffs!

DW

No comments: