18.1.08

A Classic

You know that I am still in the middle of a bit of a dispute with Calderdale Council. Apart from that, though, I wanted to talk to them about setting up a direct debit with them. They had sent me a letter asking me to call them on 0800 245 8000 to do the deed.

 

I called that number the other day but they were busy and put me in a queue so I decided to call them back.

 

Today I called back but the number wouldn't work at all and after about four or five failed attempts I sent them an email saying: tried to call you on 0845 245 8000 but it wouldn't work so what would they suggest ... ?

 

Here's the classic part: they sent me an automated reply that said,

 

Thank you for your e-mail.  The matter will be dealt with and, if a reply is required, the Billing Section will endeavour to get back to you within 5 working days.

 

If you wish to discuss the matter in the interim, then please telephone the Billing Section on Direct line telephone number 0845 245 8000.

 

Can you see the number they have told me to call?

 

I wonder if someone will twig what they have done and I wonder if I really will receive a sensible reply from them.

 

DW

1 comment:

duncanwil said...

To be fair to them, they did write a proper email about ten minutes after I had posted this blog entry.

In that message they repeated the 0845 number, gave me another number and then gave me a web address where I could complete the form online that I needed.

Within five minutes of having received that reply, I had completed the online form and am now waiting for the direct debit to kick in ... or for another Summons for non payment.

I have made a note of what I did and the automatic reference number their web site generated for me!!

DW