13.1.08

Car theft ... probably final

My neighbour came round yesterday for a chat and he showed me an article in the Halifax Evening Courier that reveals that in addition to my car being stolen over the Christmas period, around 20 other cars were also stolen in my area of town.

 

The pattern was that older cars like mine were taken for joy riding ...

 

I have received a settlement from my insurance company that won’t offset the cost of replacing my car. To get back to where I really was, I would need to have received a lot more than that. That’s our insurance companies of course. I have now lost my no claims bonus as well as my car.

 

I won’t be replacing my car either since I like older BMWs and will not feed these thieves and their pathetic lifestyles. I will walk and get the bus now. I will hire a car when I need one. Until I am ready, that is, then I will set up a security system on my car that will include the equivalent of the medieval man trap.

 

I also worry about the other people who are suffering now as a result of these stupid and selfish people. Have they also really lost their cars because they can’t afford to replace them. Has any of these unfortunate people suffered mental anguish?

 

I imagine these joy riders are sniggering at the police and victims like me now. They won’t get caught will they, unless they crash their cars and are hurt and/or trapped. Another reason they won’t get caught is because it is illegal for anyone to set up their own CCTV system outside their house if the images would include the public highway... which is where my car was certainly parked.

 

DW

No comments: