10.12.02

Travelled back to Sarajevo following my weekend in Blighty. Traffic so snarled up around Heathrow that I came within a whisker of missing my flight. Then it was an hour late taking off!! They didn't make up the time en route so I had around 10 mins to hurtle across the airport in Vienna to catch my connection and as I did, they closed the aeroplane door behind me ... and left my luggage in Vienna. Another lesson I almost learned once is that you MUST take you toilet bag in your hand luggage if you want to be able to smell nice, shampoo your hair, shave your face (or legs or whatever) on arrival. Luckily my hair is very short so I don't need a comb or brush and I had deodorant etc with me but the toothbrush that I left in my suitcase is important! Otherwise, it was fine although I see that Austrian Airlines are doing the same as British Airways on European flights now: give everyone a sandwich and forgetting the cooked meals. DW

No comments: