30.12.02

My laptop has a major problem that includes the system using 100% of the CPU all of the time the computer is switched on. The quick start buttons on the machine have also become disabled and whenever I press them I get a message from Internet Explorer advising me that downloading files can be dangerous ... including these that are being downloaded from my own C: drive! So I am currently using a very inefficient Pentium 4 laptop! I did a system restore back to 26 December and that cured the problem; and then undid it and will restore back to 27 December ... I'm curious to know what caused this problem. I have been fully virus protected and did a complete check yesterday then I uninstalled that anti virus software and installed and ran another anti virus package ... both came out clean. I just installed Windows XP Service Pack 1, by the way, if that strikes a chord with anyone experiencing similar problems! DW

No comments: