3.1.03

SIM Card Saga Continued ... I told you about my attempts at replacing my mobile phone SIM Card ... spookily vanished on my trip home from Bosnia: of course I didn't just LOSE it, someone from MI5 or MI6 STOLE it from me en route ... anyway, here's my latest update on that SAGA. The second SIM card arrived yesterday morning and full of enthusiasm I ripped open the envelope with contents spilling all over the office floor. Retrieved the SIM card, took out the SIM card with trembling hands and with great respect due only to a SIM card I fitted it in the phone hoping against hope that it would work without the need for any further itervention from yours truly ... FI ... that's Forget It in duncspeak! So, I went through the rigmorole of talking to O2 and here is a summary of what happened: 0830 called O2 and told them the SIM card had arrived they said I'd be activated in two hours ... 1300 still not activated so called O2 to be told I was pending but now I'm activated ... went out to Dorchester to look at the topography of the place and at 1630 when I still hadn't been activated I called O2: the lad was stumped until I told him that I was using an Orange pay as you go SIM card in the phone in the meantime ... well, that's your problem, isn't it? You NEED to call Orange to get an UNLOCKING CODE from them ... Called Orange: er, why did they ask you to call us? This is an O2 problem: he was friendly and helpful but couldn't solve my problem ... remember, my mobile will accept an Orange SIM card and Mrs W's O2 SIM card with no bother ... called O2 again and retold the SAGA ... I am activated, there is no other problem, the network is working. Rashly, I suggested that going to an O2 shop might be a good idea so they can see it face to face and physically help me: good idea, go to a shop, he opined! Can you tell me what time the Oxford O2 shop closes today ... put on hold while he found out that he couldn't tell me and that I should look in Yellow Pages ... Orange, Yellow ... what's next: purple with RAGE? ... consulted Yellow Pages but couldn't find O2 so looked at Thompson Local and found it: called with more nervous anticipation to be told that they were closing in five minutes at 1730 ... tried the SIM card in Mrs W's mobile AND IT WORKED ... dashed downstairs and put the thing into my mobile AND IT WORKED ... for two seconds and then collapsed again ... thought it was a dicky connection within the phone and stuffed a bit of paper between the SIM card and the battery ... FAILED ... Keep reading this SAGA ... beat's Monty Python's Njorl's Saga if you ask me. DW

No comments: