29.12.02

As you were on the SIM card issue ... it didn't work! Got the SIM card, called the O2 help line to get the usual friendly service with only one "yer wot" and was told to leave it for half an hour and then just get chatting. I left it for over an hour and then tried just to get chatting: no network coverage ... impetuous little me, I thought and waiting a while longer. After a while longer I tried again and still no network coverage. I called the help line and explained the prob: the young lady was fine until it came to trying to talk to the O2 network people when she got bored with waiting in a queue on my behalf so after three minutes or so she put me in the queue and said bye. The young lad in the network system was a tad brusque for me and couldn't find a problem so he said he'd investigate and all me back in five. He did call, after about ten, and told me that everything was clear on my account, with the network and so on so my problem was probably due to a duff SIM card and I need to call the help line again. Called the help line and the new young lady was a bit slow on the typing front so I had to repeat my saga. I told her I needed a new SIM card from her and she asked me if I realise that it would cost me £10 ... I told her that I'd already paid £10 for the SIM card that doesn't work and any new ones would be replacements for that ... I hope she understood that and doesn't start me off on an argument trail that will end up with stacks of frustration. Otherwise it's raining here today. DW

No comments: