17.11.11

Reggie Perrin ...

I watched a couple of films on my flight over to Dubai and then sought to change the tempo a little bit by listening to some music and then watching a television programme.

No offence intended but the majority of the television programmes they have on Emirates' ICE system are American so I looked for something British. I found REGGIE PERRIN. I found it hard to believe that they would revive such an idiosyncratic programme albeit one that was iconic in its own way at the time it first went out.

It started ... it was MODERN! A revival! Martin Clunes appeared as Perrin. Interesting, I thought. Was it any good? The lads in the office were nowhere near as good as the likes of John Baron, the MD Then former MD.

I didn't spot any of the classic one liners like, I didn't get where you are today without ...

I think the flashbacks were not of the mother in law and they were not of a Hippopotamus!

Was it funny? Hmm! A bit.

I only saw one episode so I cannot really judge too harshly or be to effusive in my praise.

Was it worth reviving? I don't know how many episodes they have made and whether they started with the fall ...

DW

No comments: