15.11.11

Emporio Armani Caffe: Mall of the Emirates

I spotted this caffe last night but only after I had already eaten, so I returned this evening!

I have just ordered minestrone soup and some pasta I have never heard of, beginning with M! There will be porcini mushrooms and black truffle with the pasta.

Because I am not in a wifi zone, this message will contain my thoughts on the food as well as this anticipatory note!

The Verdict

The soup was a little heavy and more potato than minestrone. Earlier in the day it could be good.

The pasta was excellent: the pasta beginning with M was a kind of lasagne but much thinner. The mushroom flavour was strong, just as I like it and I would have that again at any time.

Tea time now: Armani black tea with ylang ylang and orange flowers! Very nice it is too. I have been given a small pot so let's see how good the second cup is. In terms of colour, the second cup is much darker than the first one. The orange is more pronounced in the second cup and there is a hint, just a hint, of bitterness behind it too. A nice cuppa!

The caffe was not crowded but there were enough customers to make life a little interesting!


DW

No comments: