19.12.09

Terry Wogan Retires: at last!

I've never had much of a kind word to say about Wogan. He never appealed to me I'm afraid. I've just skimmed the headlines of a couple of articles in the Daily Mail and that rag was fulsome in its praise. I found him boring, pointless and condescending. I found his television Parky take off interview programme risible.

I thought he ruined the Eurovision Song Contest by taking it beyond the desperate state it could quite easily have got itself into without his nonsense smart alek remarks. One good thing has come out of Wogan's retirement from this contest: it's 1,000% unwatchable now as that Graham Norton takes over from next year. Eugh!

The bad news? Apparently, even though he's 71 years old, he'll be back next year. Thank goodness I never listen to any station that he's on!

The tin hat on all of this? I believe Wogan charges a fee for appearing on Children in Need. Like that woofter, no he isn't, yes he is, Dale Winton: charging fees for what are essentially charity events. Indefensible.

If you're a Wogan fan, good luck to you!

DW

No comments: