7.3.03

My lawn looks really nice now: at night ... reminds me of tha brilliant lines from Gilbert and Sullivan about the young man who finds himself a wife: he fell in love with the rich attorney's daughter and she may very well pass for 43 in the dusk with the light behind her Still, the daffodils bulbs I planted last year are all coming into bloom now: the crocuses appeared a couple of weeks ago! Mrs W has led me to generate the phrase See man, give man job. Dima and I are being hounded at the moment as soon as we heave into Mrs W's view! Lovely weather in Portsmouth as me and my mate John took a walk along the prom in Southsea: huge P&O ferries floating by, massive tankers saling along into Portsmouth docks. The parks and gardens department down there keep their parks and gardens in excellent condition, even though the gardeners park their vans and lorries in the most outrageously illegal ways and places. The drives down and back were good, incident free and not busy and cluttered at all. Mrs W suggested that since I was there, I could call into the Chinese restaurant we ate at a while ago and order a take away ... since she'd thrown away the take away menu, we negotiated what I should order over the mobile phone as I stood outside in blustery cold weather with lorries hurtling past, passers by wondering what on earth I was doing ... worth it though and we tucked in on my arrival home at around 10pm. DW

No comments: