6.3.03

Good grief, the weekend came and went and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday came and went, well Wednesday almost. I learned about raclette from a lilly pad of Frogs ... sorry, from a room full of very nice French people. Joke ... don't be offended in the slightest. I spent a really nice Saturday evening with some friends in Didcot and they introduced me to raclette and raclette cheese. One of the party had done a round the Sahara Desert trip in 1985 and it was interesting talking to him about that: Michael Palin wasn't the first! We played scrabble and I didn't win: the only native English speaker in the room and I came second. Along the way we had attempts at fobbing us off with 'goy' and 'jean'(!) among others ... all other players were French. How could I lose? Well, I came second and only lost on the count back when I had to have my left over 'Q' deducted from my score. I'm making progress with my ideas for books (e books?) and presentations and goodness knows what. I am about to reveal my first one: introduction to management accounting. It's now late on Wednesday and I have been suffering from that computer problem I thought I'd got rid of a while back. It's a real puzzler but it's back now and won't go away. Not a virus, not a parasite ... who knows? DW

No comments: