7.3.03

Germine wanted information on accounting in Malaysia and how to meet a Brazilian accountant! Here's what I wrote; and having seen some of the goings on at the Carnival in rio this week, I'd like to say that there are some Brazilian looking accountants that I'd like to meet, too! Serious now: Hi Germine, Well, I don't know much about Malaysia and its accounting regime, but this is what I suggest you do: I went to www.iasplus.com and found that Malaysia doesn't use International Financial Reporting Standards (IAS). However, search this site for Malaysia and you will find a very useful page at http://www.iasplus.com/country/malaysia.htm that lists all of the latest changes in Malaysian accounting over the last two+ years. They also list these web sites: The Malaysian Institute of Accountants and The Malaysian Association of Certified Public Accountants. They also tell us that Malaysia is included in the IFAD GAAP Convergence Studies and they have a link for that too. Go to www.kpmg.com.sg which is KPMG's Singapore office which seems to be the headquarters of their work in Malaysia and you can see that they have links on Malaysia ... do a search on this site for Malaysia. PriceWaterhouseCoopers are at http://www.pwcglobal.com/: you can find their site for Malaysia from the country link and go to http://www.pwcglobal.com/my/eng/main/home/index.html As for finding Brazilian accountants, I suggest you follow the links I have given in my page on Brazilian accounting and find the contact us details and write to them: someone will probably reply! Best wishes and let me know if you need any more help on this: as a matter of interest, what is you interest in Malaysia and Brazil ... they don't seem connected to me!! DW

No comments: