8.3.03

I was a very happy chappy yesterday as I solved a problem that the whole world was befuddled by: my CPU usage is 100% problem. I've bored you with this before but my Task Manager kept telling me that my CPU was constantly 100% in use by something inside the SYSTEM process. NO idea what that meant and even having asked a number of techies I couldn't get rid of the problem UNTIL I found that the computer worked OK in Portsmouth and then again when I moved it from downstairs to upstairs at home ... I got the link: if I boot in battery mode or switch from mains to battery mode when the problem arises, the problem disappears. I can then reconnect the power supply and it will be fine for a while: maybe hours. I don't know the root cause of this problem but I am sharing my little success with as many people as possible in the hope that someone, somewhere will help out! DW

No comments: