19.1.03

Am I sleep depreived and going round the twist or what? Last night, for the laugh, I decided I'd reset my alarm clock. Now, this clock is battery operated and it corrects itself every now and again by means of some radio based system. Now, clot that I am I KNOW that this clock sets itself to UK time. Can't think why it still does this since I am in the Balkans but it knows best. So I set the thing to Sarajevo time and was content. I slept well enough I think and woke up when the clock said 7:15. I immediately made the transformation from 7:15 to 8:15 and thought, whoopee, I've slept really well. Got into the shower straight away, threw on my glad rags and set off for breakfast. Something clicked and I said, "Hang on!" I went back to my room and checked my other chronometers ... when the clock said 7:15 it MEANT 7:15. For the first time since last November, the wretched thing had NOT reset itself to UK time. Bleeder! So, made myself a cup of coffee and suffered more rubbishEnglish from Sky News as they repeated the same stories that had appeared on Friday. The Robbie Fowler story of his potential transfer from Leeds United to Manchester City ran for THREE DAYS and he didn't even go in the end! Their latest annoyance is that they say BAGhdad instead of the more usual BaghDAD that we used to use. Something's wrong with that lot! Can't think who they think their audience comprises. DW

No comments: