21.1.03

Did I tell you that I hurt my back last November: sitting badly in a chair that was designed for someone a lot shorter than 1.88 metres did it I think. I was in agony for two - three weeks and was stiff as a board for another couple of weeks and then careful for another shed load of weeks. Today I realised that I don't have any of the worries that I've been experiencing. I get out of bed like a twenty year old again ... well, OK, a twenty year old dog or cat; but still! A nice touch here in sunny Sarajevo as I walked around at the weekend and again today. Now that we've been hit by a thaw, there are warnings and barriers all over the place that show people where there could be a cascade of heavy snow and icicles falling from easing troughs and rooves. I don't think I've ever seen this kind of concern anywhere else. Well done those Sarajevans! DW

No comments: