18.1.03

I felt a bit queasy for most of yesterday: I think it was due to a bad beer from the night before. Then I couldn't keep my eyes open after 9:30 pm so tumbled into bed. Still, who am I to go to bed early? A car alarm blared away under my bedroom window at around 12:40 am. I went back to sleep fairly easily. Then my mobile phone felt neglected and beep, beeped me awake at 2:40 am as it told me to recharge its batteries, so I did that then. I couldn't stand it by that time so I decided to read for a while. Then I slept until just after 7 am. That happened to me overnight, then! I was dawdling round the second hand car market yesterday evening and found a very nice looking 20 year old racing green Bentley Mulsanne for £8,000: 160,000 miles ... horrifically expensive to run and maintain; but it would look swish in the supermarket car park!! Mrs W can't understand why I was even thinking of replacing our already old car with an even older one!! DW

No comments: