22.1.03

I forgot to say that I forgot to bring my second adapter to the office meaning that since I had let the laptop battery drain to 0 last night an the basis that it's good for it, I am now in the middle of balancing the charging of two separate batteries at the same time. In the end it means that my gloriously well thought out strategy of treating both batteries like gentlemen will probably end up by giving them both the pox! It's boiling here today. The thaw is well under way now and the heating in the office is intense. I wish I'd left my vest off now (by vest, dear American readers, I think I mean undershirt ... and what you call a vest is really a waistcoat: no offence, just trying to educate and cross any cultural divide!). Just sat for half an hour with the window wide open. I'm going to have to open it again in a minute. Snow is still falling off rooves a bit and last night I had to smile as I trudged my weary way. Remember I told you yesterday that there are warnings outside some buildings that snow could come crashing down at any moment: I hadn't anticipated the paranoia that that could breed. One chap, young too, wanted to go into the baker's and he stood back from the building and poised as if he were in the blocks about to set off in the 100 metre dash, then when he felt secure, he launched himself across the final three metres and flew through the door. Needless to say, no snow came tumbling down on him or anyone else within a senight!! Looked good, though. I can only imagine his exit, crust in hand!!! DW

No comments: