16.12.12

Egg's is Going Cheep Today!

Shopping!!!

The market!!

Eggs!

The price of eggs here is two pence per egg: a tray of 30 eggs for 60 pence. I need to check this but I think that whilst I can get 30 eggs for 60 pence here, at home I can get TWO eggs for that price.

UPDATE: 21st December ... I checked and a while ago i paid £1.81 for six organic eggs in ASDA, Halifax ... that's almost exactly 30 pence PER EGG. 30 of ASDA's eggs would cost me £9.00 give or take. £9.00 v £0.60 ... who is ripping off whom?

By the way, some other eggs here are cheaper than the ones we bought.

Not only eggs but fruit and vegetables. Mushrooms ... just bought some trumpet mushrooms for 20 pence that would almost certainly cost £1.50 or even more at home. A bunch of grapes for 20 pence too that I know would cost me £1.00 ON SPECIAL OFFER.

I know my personal food inflation in the UK is about 15 - 20% per year but the prices I am seeing here are way out of line with what I see in our supermarkets.

DW






No comments: