15.10.12

Would I Want to be Coached by this Person?

Every now and again I look for someone from my dim and distant past. Often, I draw a blank. This time I found the person first time although I have not seen him since 1964 I think it was.

He says he is now a coach of some sort ... here are a few words from his web site:

"Born in Halifax, Yorkshire, XXX has lived for the past 30 years near Constable Country on the Essex/Suffolk borders, but still keeps traces of a Northern accent!

"He studied languages ... and maintains an interest in learning languages along with playing golf and chess. He prefers to live in the countryside and, although work and leisure travel takes him to many major cities, he’s always pleased to get back to the open spaces.

"The coachee can now speak with confidence ...

"A coachee wants to influence a colleague ...

"After, I ask the coachee how she felt ...

"A frequent role for XXX in these sessions is to support the coachee through these steps ...

"I’ve been both a coach and a coachee. I’ve remember some of the powerful feelings ...

"I’ve heard a coachee say something similar ...

"XXX’s training in recent years has taken place in the UK, in most European countries, and beyond in places such as Dubai and Colombia."

So, XXX, I think your attempts at trying to impress me are falling well short. Also, anyone who called me a coachee would suffer extreme disdain! On the other hand, he seems to know how to use a colon!!


DW

No comments: