13.5.12

A Tart Calls!

Every now and again I get an email out of the blue from a young lady who says she wants to get to know me. She attaches a photo with the message and she is always a beauty. I mean stunningly beautiful.

The scam is that I am meant to be flattered and excited so that within a week or so she will tell me that she wants to come and visit me. Then comes the bombshell, she needs 100 dollars or 400 euro or something for her ticket or passport or visa.

I know stories of men who have paid. Then paid again. And again ... but of course the girl never arrives.

Well, normally I let these message run for a day or two and have seen three or four variations of approach: money request within two days; money request within a week; and so on.

Today I decided to see who else had "met" Mariya from Eastern Siberia. It took me just 30 minutes to find her on a scam reporting site. It's very easy to do.

The point is, boys, if a woman you have never met tells you within days of writing that she can't live without you. And she is very pretty. And she is as much as 40 years younger than you. It is not genuine! You will not be the one to turn her from the dark side.

Here's a thing too: she might not even be a she! Who knows who is behind this scam?

Take care

DW

1 comment:

duncanwil said...

He won't mind me doing this ... son Daniel just told me the following and I include it here TO PROVE TO ANYONE WHO THINKS I AM MISTAKEN HERE ... THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE DOES NOT EXIST.

I saw your blog about dodgy siberian girls offering marriage. A colleague fell for it with a "girl" from the ivory coast. He sent her £2000 for flights and an immigration bond. She was mugged going to the
travel agents. He sent another £2000, then she was arrested for laundering. He spoke to a police officer who then claimed £1000 was required for bail. He sent it and guess what, she never came. He was
heartbroken and broke. At every stage we were screaming it's a scam and he keep saying she loves me. You couldn't make it up.

Dan