8.5.12

Dubai Mall and Rather a Large Moon!

I managed to finish my work reasonably early this evening so decided to go for a walk to the Dubai Mall: just 15 minutes or so up Financial Centre Road from my hotel. The weather was not too hot and therefore I had a comfortable walk. I peregrinated for about three hours altogether, with a stop for dinner of about half an hour in the middle. I bought some of my favourite Molton Brown soap while I was there so t' job's a good 'un.

On the way back down Financial Centre Road I saw rather a large moon in he sky. Of course, my big moon snapping camera and lens are in the UK. The reason the moon looks so big is that it has just been at its perigee so is about as near to Earth as it gets ... so it looks bigger at the moment. It looks a LOT bigger. It would have made a nice series of photos too. Grr!

DW

No comments: