6.5.12

I know where I'm going ... !!

I arrived at Abu Dhabi airport early this morning so had to hang around for a while as my meeting wasn't scheduled until 11 am: I made a call and had the meeting brought forward though so that was good!

Then I got into the taxi:

Me: Al Salam Street, please
Taxi Driver: in Abu Dhabi?
Me: (inwardly) Oh! No! Here we go again, shades of Qatar!

We drove in the general direction of the city and I made 6 ... 7 ... 8 phone calls, handing my phone over to the driver. Of course, he KNEW the AREA but not the exact street ... Pfffft! We stopped at the building he believed to be the right one: labelled TAQA when it should have been labelled TRA. I went along with it and he carried my bags. Well, we had not arrived at my destination but we were within a block of it so that was alright then!

After that, with just two hours' sleep on the plane I had a 3.5 hour meeting and then had to wait for an hour and a half for a car to get me to my hotel. Let me be perfectly honest and admit that I was taken to the wrong hotel because of my own ineptitude but that was resolved fairly quickly!

It's just after 5 pm now and I had intended to have a nap and then ruminate on the output from today's meeting but will eat, then work, then sleep early.

Early start tomorrow.

Chin chin!

DW

No comments: