30.11.08

Veggie Burger? No! Yes but no!!

I got to Singapore on time but had to endure for 12 hours the twitchiest person I have ever sat behind on a plane. Of course, he also wanted to turn his Economy Class seat into a Business Class flat bed but I told him he was crushing my knees and he relented. Anyway, got to the hotel and did some work in preparation for tomorrow then went to the local mall for a bite to eat. I only wanted a snack so I went to a world famous burger "restaurant". Do you sell veggie burgers I asked. No was the reply. I moved on. I then found the world's second most famous burger "restaurant" and they said yes, they do sell veggie burgers. So I odered one. No meat I stressed. No meat she confirmed. I got my burger, chips and sprite and sat down to tuck in. Chips just warm, sprite ok. The veggie burger comprised:
  • Bread bun
  • Onion slice
  • Tomato slice
  • Gherkin slices
  • Tomato sauce
That, dear reader, is a Singaporean veggie burger. Definitely no meat!!! The weather here is perfect. 27 degrees on arrival and now, 2100 local time, it is absolutely commodiously warm. Topped up my SingTel SIM card for S$15 and was credited with S$30. Good value. More Europeans here than I am used to. DW Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: