7.8.08

Contraception

I’m sorry if this appears sexist but I found it stunning.

 

On Woman’s Hour on BBC Radio 4 yesterday they had a piece on sex education in schools. They interviewed a man and a woman although I don’t really know who they were.

 

The man started by telling us about his work in primary schools and so on and how he was approaching sex education there.

 

The woman bellowed in with, “How dare you do such a thing?” A rant followed and a mini debate in which she insisted that parents are the ones who should be in control of their children’s sex education.

 

I didn’t really understand the woman’s problem with what the man was doing but as far as her qualifications for such a discussion are concerned I am worried because she was introduced to us as having TEN children.

 

Enough said!

 

DW

No comments: