15.12.07

Congratulations!

Dear Mike,

 

I am a convert. I have to confess that when you first appeared I thought, hmm, another American making money out of the misery of others. Nothing to say but platitudes and setting yourself against George W because he’s an easy target.

 

Having just watched Sicko I wanted to write to you to say that I was wrong. I was amused and amazed by Sicko, you brought tears to my eyes at times as you took those unfortunate 9/11 heroes to Cuba. I was stunned at how even in the US people are effectively being denied some of their human rights.

 

I have to say I wasn’t surprised at how senators and congressmen and a president had been bought by the pharmaceutical industry: I am surprised at nothing these people do any more; but good for you for having the gall to tell us what has really happened.

 

I am a Brit and I was proud of the way you portrayed the NHS. There are problems with the NHS of course but they pale into insignificance when set against what is happening in the US.

 

This letter is going on my blog and I will be watching what you do from now on. I am saddened by the realisation that I have missed so much of what you have had to say. The good news is, though, that I can catch up now.

 

Best wishes

 

 

 

Duncan Williamson

 

No comments: