15.12.07

Capello for England ... for a while

Even I was surprised by the immediate twist that the Capello for England story has taken on DAY ONE. I read in The Times yesterday that the bookmakers have already opened a book on whether the latest England football manager will still be in the job in a year from now.

 

Who are these people? With Steve McClown, we ALL knew that someone who has never achieved anything greater than mid table premiership success and whose personality is clearly far from ideal as a go ahead world beater would fail.

 

Apology

 

I have to make a correction in McClown’s favour too: I simply repeated a headline from a couple of weeks ago that McClown was England’s worst ever manager. That was wrong and I was wrong to repeat it. Kevin Keegan is the worst England manager ever, with a win rate of just 39%. McClown was at least 10% better than that and he didn’t even come in as second worst!

 

DW

No comments: