2.11.07

I kid you not!

I have been walking to work this last week as I mentioned the other day and oh the joys of Shanks' Pony. On a pillar of an office block/shop is a fantastic little sign that says: Backside Parking ... here is a photo of the self same sign. Couldn't wait to tell you about it.

Reminds me of the time I was in India and was taken to a jeweller's shop. As he was trying to sell me some of his best he proudly told me that he had "300 jewellers in his backside". I kid you not.

Not the same, but went to a restaurant the other day with some fellow Brits and a couple of non Brits ... one of the non Brits was so pleased with his choice of food that he offered to share it with the rest of us. He said, "It's really quite good." No one had the heart to tell him that in English English being QUITE good isn't necessarily much of a compliment.

DW

No comments: