2.11.07

Don't fill the kettle

A year or two ago I carried out a simple experiment at home. I filled my kettle with exactly the amount of water needed to make my tea/coffee and then monitored the time it took to boil. I then filled the kettle as I used to do, just turned the tap on an guessed the amount and checked the boiling time again.

 

Suffice it to say that if everyone was as bad as I was and then changed to what I did (sound like a goody two shoes don't I?) they will save £23 a year ... I know, what about a family of 3, 5 ... x; but then again, I am talking about the marginal change.

 

Multiply that out to 20 million households in the UK and then tell me I don’t deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. After all, Maurice Flanagan, the Executive Vice Chairman of Emirates Airlines has branded Al Gore's film, An Inconvenient Truth, as 'absolute rubbish'. Maurice, read this blog and you'll see I tend to agree.

 

More than that, Gore tells us all we’re all doomed because of our excesses but then flies around in an executive jet by himself and just a few others. At least I sit cramped in a plane with HUNDREDS of others!

 

So, send me to Sweden to collect the prize, thank you!

 

DW

 

No comments: