19.8.07

In London with Dima yesterday shipping his goods and chattels around and we called in on Chinatown for a bite to eat. Had a good feed at an all you can eat buffet place which was not the spookily named Tai Ka Look restaurant. Read that more crefully ... is it a real Chinese name? Yes, they had translated the name into Chinese characters which I cannot reproduce here. Don't you think it really reads Take a look? I got a parking ticket as we loaded Dima's gear too. £120. I have appealed on two grounds:
  • There really was no warning sign where I parked although there were signs elsewhere
  • The attendant should have left me a leaflet saying that if Dima really is a resident (he is) then the fine will be reduced ... I found this out on the Islington web site
  • There is a fair deal charter on that web site too in which they promise not to be unreasonable ... loads of spaces yesterday so I caused no harm to anyone and if I had I would have moved
DW

4 comments:

AppealNow.com™ said...

Sorry to hear about your parking ticket!!
You should read my book
"The Parking Ticket Awards: Crazy Councils, Meter Madness & Traffic Warden Hell" it could have been worse.

Barrie Segal
Founder of AppealNow.com™
www.appealnow.com
The only website in the world where you can appeal your parking ticket on line in 4½ minutes
http://www.appealnow.com
Author of The Parking Ticket Awards: Crazy Councils, Meter Madness & Traffic Warden Hell

duncanwil said...

Thanks for that Barrie I was about to start looking for your site as I have heard of it and you before.

I have already appealed but if I need help you will be hearing from me!

Best wishes

Duncan

Anonymous said...

Dad, I'd heard that there has to be signs notifying you of any parking restrictions. I think the distance between signs has to be at least 100 feet.

Good luck and the upside is that all these cheap, lazy fines cheap your council tax down in price.

duncanwil said...

Hmm, I knew I should have taken snaps of the signs in the street because I won't be going back!

Those bleeders have replied and warned me that I have no winning argument but they failed to mention the missing sign!

I'll keep you informed.

DW