7.8.07

Gatesed again?

A couple of years ago I went to the Isle of Lewis with son Andrew, Sister Susan and her husband Neville.

 

I took a fair number of photos and a lot of video footage. I spent a lot of time editing part of the video film and saved it all to my hard disk and then onto CD. I gave a copy of the CD to Susan and Andrew and kept one myself.

 

I needed that CD at the end of last week only to find that my computers said it was BLANK. Oh beggar! Of course, I blamed myself.

 

Then at Susan's house over the weekend, I borrowed her CD and dropped into the laptop ... hers was blank too. I then took it to her desktop and it worked ... not empty at all. I smartly dumped everything onto my memory stick and then back on to my laptop. I backed it up again as soon as I got home.

 

Gates? I wouldn't pay him in washers to be perfectly honest.

 

DW

No comments: