9.8.07

Paranoia

I took a walk into town today and as I set off, on foot, I spotted a young chap from the house almost opposite. I have not been introduced to the man so we don't know each other. It takes around 20 minutes to walk into town and after about 5 minutes he started looking over his shoulder at me and suddenly speeded up. I thought, this Eastern European looking chap thinks I'm the secret police so I'll play along and I speeded up too. He then put on a fair burst.

 

He rounded a corner and by the time I got there he had put around 30 metres between us. I kept up and crossed over to the other side of the street where I think he lost sight of me: lots of trees! He then slowed right down and I think he was shocked to see me out of the corner of his eye level with him. However, I carried on at the pace I'd got up to and arrived before him at the road crossing. As I started crossing the road I noticed that he had got to the railings around 10 metres from the crossing and was standing stock still, waiting for me to cross the road and make the decision: which of the three possible forward directions would I take?

 

Since I was really minding my own business I carried on and haven't seen him since.

 

Bit of a lark that! Wonder what he'll say when he gets back home?

 

DW

No comments: