24.11.02

Sunny Sarajevo we call it! I've been here almost a week but because of work committments I was only able to begin exploring the city this weekend. I can confrim that the city is built in a very steep sided valley the bottom of which very narrow. This means that the maority of all buildings are on the hillsides and I made it my business to take a hike up one of the hills yesterday. Eesh! As I was getting to the steepest part I came across an old lady who'd been to buy her bread and she was making her way home: now I don't suppose she was going too far and it didn't look to bad but clearly not everyone could get used to such climbing just to take the bread home! Since I don't like hills I tend to walk up them very quickly so I passed everyone else who was walking in the same direction as me: old and young alike. So, it was all good exercise and I took some nice snaps, too. As a result of these exertions I am sure I feel better but my right knee's giving me jip and this morning my lower back said it didn't like what I'd done to it! I need to get out more so I'll be doing that in a moment, too, as I tackle a hill on the other side today! DW

No comments: