27.10.14

Do you Believe in Curses?

I don't mean voodoo type curses but things that conspire against in certain situations?

Burnley played Everton yesterday and I found it being streamed live in 365sport.  I am a subscriber so, a little late, I decided to watch it.

Slow ... sooooooo slow ... kept getting the blue wheel of death. That was on the phone.

Opened the laptop and logged into the hotel's wifi system. You have opened too many connections ... no I haven't.  Tried again. The same. The same. The same.

Called the help desk and she was expecting my call because within seconds she told me she had reset my connection.

It didn't work and using the BBC text service I could see the goals were going in. Frustration unbounded.

Tried again. It didn't work. I rebooted.

It worked. Blue wheel of death. It froze. Blue wheel of death. Half time. It froze.

OK! You win voodoo child, I'll stop trying to watch it and do something else. I didn't even see a ball being kicked.

Modern technology is the best and the worst. Liberating and restraining.

Here is an uncurse: for some reason they were showing the whole of the 2009 - 2010 Burnley v Man Utd game on TV here and I switched on in time to see Robbie Blake's wonder goal. I love watching that goal!

Swings and roundabouts of life.

DW

No comments: