31.1.14

Sausage Skins and Reddy Parts 1, 2 and 3

Sausage Skins

I bought some vegetarian sausages last week and I said today they were
a bit tough. Anyway, I decided to cook some more and started frying
them. Someone asked me, why are you cooking them in their plastic
wrappers? Gulp! I ate those wrappers last week!!

Reddy the dog 1

Yesterday morning Reddy was out in the garden and as I came out of the
kitchen door I was just in time to see him taking a flying run at the
kitchen garden, not having seen the netting that keeps animals out and
he came flying backwards in shock as he bounced off it!! Where's the
video camera when you need it?

Reddy the dog 2

When Reddy came into the house after having bounced off the netting, I
said, you look fat today Reddy. About two hours later we learned that
he'd shared a huge bowl of cooked rice with another four month old pup
and was so full that he wanted nothing more to do with his bone, did
not want to leave his bed and when we encouraged him to go for a pee
pee outside, he couldn't bring himself to leave the living room.

Reddy the dog 3

So, he's learned to escape again. We have had several weeks of
contentment because Reddy got too big to squeeze through the holes in
our defences. Now, though, he is big enough to leap over the gate.
Grr!

This morning, 6:30 am, he was outside and whilst it is easy to get him
to come close to me, providing the other family dogs come too, getting
him that final two metres into my clutches is another matter. That
training incomplete so far. So, I slowly went after him saying, stay,
stay ... he's unsure so he stopped for a second, ambled away slowly
but surely, stopped, ambled ...

Then I did something I have not done since I was twelve: I Rugby
tackled the beast! I hit the floor fairly softly but kept hold of
Reddy's midriff. Then I went flat and all four other dogs, thinking
this was a huge game, came over and started licking, trampling ... all
over me! I brushed the other dogs away and still managed to hold on to
Reddy, I am happy to say and got him inside within a minute of my
heroic feat of athleticism!

A good job there was no video camera there to record this unsightly
event, however, as I was never a good Rugby player!!

DW

No comments: