7.7.13

Oh! by the way ... about your lost luggage

... we'd like to tell you that we've done it to you again! Hope you don't mind. See you soon: pip, pip! For the third time in a row, one or other airline and/or a national security system has decided that I don't need my clothes, toiletries and so on when I arrive at my destination so they have kept them in New York. For a while. The people at the airport here were very nice and informative. The concierge at the hotel has taken my document and is poised ... I took the view after the KLM/Egypt Air debacle in April that there will be no more stress and no more chasing of delayed luggage. If it comes it comes. I will certainly never spend £120 of my own money again to solve a problem that they caused. If necessary, I will wait until I am going home and see what they tell me at every airport I touch on the way back. I have lived before for a week in the same clothes ... washing smalls in the evening and then drying them overnight. I travel dressed in a smart casual way anyway and my clients are very tolerant of lost luggage. I never travel in jeans. So let's see what happens this week. They told me that the next flight from New York would arrive at 5 am today ... and they would deliver my case to my hotel. Someone else at the airport told me that the security people in New York often hold bags back for special analysis ... well, good luck to them. I'll keep you informed.

UPDATE Sunday 7th August, Andy Murray Day, my suitcase arrived! It took me ages to break the seal the airline had secured it with. All is well.

DW

No comments: