30.6.13

Stressed? Who, me?

Back to Bangkok today. The bus was due to leave from Surin, about 35 miles away, at 8:25 am. We said we'd leave at 7 am and left at 7:10 am.

The roads were quiet and we got to the bus station in good time. Unloaded the suitcase and set off to find our bus. We stopped to ask a tuk tuk driver: Oh! That bus leaves from another station, that way ... points vaguely away from where we were.

Reloaded the suitcase and set off again. The traffic lights were with us. We tootled along for a couple of kilometres but could see no sign of another bus station. We stopped and asked again ... Go back, at the lights turn right and it's on your left after 200 metres or so.

We found it with 10 minutes to spare and caught it.

Still, uncertainty one doesn't need.

As we set off, on time, we passed through the original bus station within a minute or so ... it was so close we could have walked!

By the way, following on from my previous post on the subject, the man in front of me has put his seat right back and is sleeping No one else on the bus has their seat reclined so far. It's me! I am fated. There is still plenty of legroom for me, though 😁

DW

No comments: