25.1.13

Hire a Car ... Passport; use your credit card ... Passport

I went organise hiring a car for a long weekend. International driving licence nit good enough he said ... but you can't get one without having a full licence ... sorry. I said i'd left my full licence at home.

Then he said, i need your passport ... gulp. I was brought ip in England and in spite of working and living abroad since 1988 i've nrver got into the hanit of carrying ID. I said, i'll bring it tomorrow without fail. IK he said!

Then i went to buy something with s credit card. No passport, no can do! Grrr!

Not complaining, just reporting.

Finally, the driving licence i thought i'd left at home turned up in my suit jacket pocket. Praise be!

UPDATE: Saturday morning and we went to collect the car, armed with passport and full driving licence. The main man wasn't there so we drove away no bother!

DW

No comments: