7.6.09

RIP Grasshopper

You probably know that David Carradine, alias Grasshopper from that ancient television programme*, died in an hotel in Bangkok last week. Sad as the news is, I want to share this with my readers.

Grasshopper died in the Nai Lert Park Hotel which is on Wireless Road in central Bangkok. He checked in on 31st May and although I didn't know he was there and didn't meet him, I was staying at that hotel at the time.

I checked in on 29th May and checked out on 1st June. So for a few hours I can say that I shared some space on this planet with super star David Carradine, Grasshopper.

You might have read that Grasshopper died in rather unusual circumstances but that doesn't diminish my memories of his acting career as far as I knew it.

RIP David Carradine

DW

*Carradine, a martial arts practitioner ... was best known for the ... TV series Kung Fu which aired from 1972-75. He played Kwai Chang Caine, an orphan who was raised by Shaolin monks and fled China for the American West after killing the emperor's nephew in retaliation for the murder of his kung fu master.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ipVUX_BySIOm7FCTgbyATYx9NrywD98LL9I80

No comments: