30.5.09

Uncle and Neice do Bangkok

When there a few people in a family who can't sit still, it's great when travellers' paths cross.

As I came back to Bangkok for the final leg of this two month stay in Thailand, my neice was also here on her stopping off point as she tripped off to Bali for her hols. We arranged to stay at the same hotel in Bangkok and met up on my arrival last night.

Had a nice dinner at the Metropolitan Hotel and then on to the Brown Sugar jazz club cum pub on Sarasin Road.

From the Met, we zig zagged across Bangkok trying to find a taxi driver who knew where we wanted to go.

Eventually we ended up in the lively Brown Sugar. During a conversation I got animated and started flailing my arms. I accidentally knocked my glass (Sprite!) and it ended up smashed on the floor.

We didn't hear that much music due to the lateness of our arrival and we realised it was time to leave when they turned all the lights out.

A late night but a good one.

DW
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: