27.10.08

Hitler: far too much coverage now

It is axiomatic that Adolf Hitler has had a major influence on the lives of all of us. However, I am becoming rather disturbed at the number of Hitler centric television programmes that continue to be aired these days.

I have noticed over the last week or two that as I flick through the various knowledge channels, that at any one time there is one and maybe two programmes on air that have Hitler as the central theme.

I wonder what the real demand is for these programmes; and I wonder what value they are adding these days.

As I type this they are discussing yet another book on Hitler and the Third Reich on Radio 4.

Time to leave this subject to historians I think.

DW

1 comment:

duncanwil said...

There is a disgraceful story running at the moment in which two clownish DJs from BBC Radio 2 thought it was funny to abuse one of the UK's finest comedy actors. They called this poor man and left a foul and abusive message on his answer machine.

After having done that, one of these clowns then made an attempt at an apology. However, he then started to justify what he did by talking in a grossly offensive way about Hitler.

DW