28.10.08

Christmas Cake for 2008

Every year since 1975, with only one exception, I have made a Christmas Cake. This year is not an exception and as proof of that here is the cake that I have just made:

xmas_cake_2008

Of course, the recipe I use is the Be-Ro Recipe: there is no finer Christmas cake.

As a matter of interest, what does Be-Ro or BeRo stand for?

Look at the picture above and you might just spot that there is a second cake on the right of the main cake. Every time I make a Christmas cake I make what I call a tester. The mixture that is left over having made the main cake goes into making a smaller cake for immediate consumption.

The main cake will be stored as it matures ready for Christmas Day. I will, of course, decorate it for the big day!

DW

1 comment:

duncanwil said...

The 2012 cake is one of the best ever ... it is waiting to be eaten as I type ... not sure I will have the time to decorate it this time.

Just tuck in!!

DW