15.10.08

Brian and the Thai Bride

Now I have to be careful here but this story struck me as more of a warning than a happy ending. This story came from someone I met whilst travelling.

Brian went to Pattaya in Thailand and after a few days he met a young lady from the North of Thailand who was working in a bar. No comment or judgement at all, just reporting what was told to me.

At the end of that holiday Brian decided he liked the girl but made no commitment. The girl felt she needed to stop working in a bar and went home as Brian went home.

A year later, Brian went back to Pattaya for more good times with young Thai ladies. The story now says that last year’s Thai girl guessed that Brian would be back at that time and lo and behold was in Pattaya waiting for him when he arrived. Yeah, right!

Still, they did hit it off again and after a couple of years of romance, they got married.

Before you dismiss this as bile on my part together with assumptions and so on, Brian was on the plane at the time I was told the story so I did see him and his young wife. He’s 57 and she’s27.

DW

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So what exactly is your point? Guy marries a hooker 30 years his younger. Happens all the time. Are you amazed? Chagrined?

Can't see the point you're trying ot make.

duncanwil said...

I was trying to be a bit tongue in cheek whilst at the same time asking you work out my point:

I was suggesting how incredulous I was at the young lady having "guessed" that Brian would be returning to Pattaya ... as if she hadn't been working there the entire year!!

Let an older man marry a younger woman ... and vice versa ... no judgement from me!

DW