19.7.08

Mango Touts?

Andrew and I were minding our own business yesterday afternoon following my return from my Out Patient's consultation at the hospital when the phone rang. It was my neighbour asking if he could come round for a chat.

He duly arrived and we chatted merrily for over three hours on a range of topics.

In the middle of this session Andrew noticed that the neighbour had mentioned mango touts a couple times. I have to confess I missed the references completely.

In the context of our discussion about fresh fruit and veg, Andrew realised that the neighbour was talking about mangetout rather than mango touts!!.

Well, of course it was funny but at least we were able to provide the proper pronunciation and meaning of mangetout!

DW
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: