12.10.07

Letter to Sir Michael Bishop Chairman of BMI Airline

There follows the text of the letter I have just sent to Sir Michael Bishop, chairman of and major shareholder in BMI, British Midland plc.

Dear Sir Michael,

I am finding it very difficult to believe that someone with your reputation and level of success could lead a business that can so badly mismanage the loss of a customer’s possessions.

The reference I have quoted above is the reference I was given at Manchester Airport over a month ago following the loss of my luggage whilst flying with BMI from Heathrow to Manchester.

I have filled in your forms and have been patient. I have tried to contact your organisation in a bid to understand why I have heard nothing from you and why you are failing to settle my claim. Every single fax, letter and email message has gone unanswered. I have even started a dialogue with the Air Transport User’s Council in my bid to understand what you are going to do to reimburse me for my loss.

Your airline has lost 11 made to measure business shirts, a made to measure suit with spare trousers, a made to measure blazer, an expensive pair of shoes and a lot more. The replacement cost of my possessions is £1,800. I travel on business quite a bit and have made one short trip since you lost my possessions. At the end of next week I am going on a much longer trip and as yet you have done nothing to reimburse me for my loss.

I feel that four and a half weeks is far too long for your organisation to rectify a loss that took you less than an hour to cause. I can only hope that you will now do the decent thing and begin an investigation into this matter. In the meantime I leave on my next trip on Friday 19th October and the least you can do is to ensure that I have something to wear and something to carry it in.

Yours sincerely

DW

No comments: