18.9.07

The weekend

Dima and Veronica came to stay for the weekend and that was good. Went out on Saturday night with Susan and Neville and D and V at a local Chinese restaurant: Wok 1 in Halifax. Nice sized restaurant with a good sized buffet and they have a lot of veggie options. The sweet trolley is extensive too: several lovely cakes plus ice cream and not just ice cream!
 
I have now moved the coffee table from the middle of the living room to the side and that has opened up the room a huge amount. I have also put my crockery away in the sidebaord and have switched on the lights in there and that has added a nice ambiance to the room too.
 
There is a big old hi fi set in the cupboard upstairs, courtesy of the previous occupants and that has an FM aerial which I filched for my own little stereo kit. So now I've got a radio/CD player/cassette player in my bedroom together with remote control so now I've got radio 4 on tap in almost every room in the house now! Plus other stations when I feel the need for change.
 
The weather has just turned a bit chilly here and there's been a fair amount of rain today too.
 
Thought I'd share all of that!
 
DW

No comments: