16.9.07

Electrocution!

My car's battery drains at the drop of a hat and whilst I don’t like it I live with it for now. What that means is that if I don’t drive it for a day or two I will probably have to give it a boost with my battery booster! I was doing that on Thursday, just outside the house, when a kindly looking gentleman came along and this conversation ensued.

 

He:   Be careful with them [the leads on the booster]. Make sure you don't let them touch otherwise you might get a shock.

 

Me:   I did that once but I just blew the fuse.

 

He:   I'm living up the road, well, it's my parents house because I live in Cheltenham (I think he said), I work on Casualty, the television programme. Anyway, my dad did that, let the leads touch and he got a shock. He collapsed. I went to him but I couldn't touch him because I would have got a shock as well. So I dialled 999 and they told me not to touch him. Just collapsed he did.

 

So I just had to leave him alone until the ambulance came.

 

Me:   That's terrible and thanks for the advice ...

 

Friendly chappie that!

 

DW

No comments: