19.3.07

Oatcakes

If you are not Scottish or someone who likes oats, you may not appreciate oatcakes.

I am half Scottish by blood and I love oatcakes. For years I have wanted to have a go at making my own oatcakes and coming across a packet of oatmeal in the supermarket today I decided to give it a go and I am extremely glad I did.

I have eaten half of the batch of oatcakes I made with cheese and they are fantastic. I have to confess that I ate them with Brie: Somerset Brie, that is! I like the oatcakes that are sold in the shops but mine were outrageously good.

Well done Rose Elliot for including the recipe in her book!

DW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm from Stoke-on-Trent and find our Oatcakes (which are more like pancakes by your standards) found in Staffordshire are most excellent.

duncanwil said...

Hi there! Please feel free to ask for my address and send me some of your Staffordshire oat cakes and I'll tell everyone here how delicious they are!!

Duncan