8.1.04

Have you ever had a stye on your eye? I used to get them all of the time when I was around 14 - 16 years old. Absolute corkers they were. People used to think they were black eyes that I got as a result of fighting: "What's the other chap like?" the postmaster said to me once! When I didn't have a stye, I had boils. Massive, red, pustulating boils on my neck or on my arm. I still have a small scar when my best ever boil resided: my doctor described it as "... a beauty!" I used to spend ages squeezing out the green pus: ages, you wouldn't believe! Anyway, that scabby past of mine isn't the subject of this meandering. Young Master W had a stye on his eye earlier on this week and Mrs W showed me her "cure". Take one of these and wave it with a circular motion in front of the offending eye. That's it. Cured. Don't forget, you heard it first here! DW

No comments: