20.6.03

Take a tip from me: never wait four years to catch up on your bookkeeping! I have just decided that since I have returned to the UK on more of a permanent basis than not that I ought to get my profit and loss account and balance sheets up to date ... the tax man will want to get to know me better! I have operated a parallel filing system that has kept all of my documents, statements and such like together (Mrs W has done her best to keep the system randomly distributed around the house, of course) so it's not been a massive nightmare, just time consuming. Anyway, after a day and a half, I am about to use PIVOT TABLES to get my accounts drafted. Then I intend to use Sage Line 50 to archive them and then use that as my ongoing bookkeeping and accounting supremo! I'll let you know how I get on! DW

No comments: